To be eligible to work in the property industry you must complete the entry level course (and be at least 16 years of age) before application for a certificate of registration as an assistant real estate agent, or as an assistant stock and station agent from NSW Fair Trading can be considered.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for
- Prepare for professional practice in real estate (CPPREP4001)
- Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate (CPPREP4002)
- Access and interpret legislation in real estate (CPPREP4003)
- Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate (CPPREP4004)
- Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts (CPPREP4005).
What you'll learn
- Completing the Assistant Agents Course (real estate or stock and station) ensures your qualification is regarded by employers.
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to develop marketing and communication profiles in real estate.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the statutory requirements applicable to property professionals, including the consumer protection obligations specific to the property industry.
- Aquire a thorough understanding of ethical standards in real estate.
- Learn about the industrial award under which property professionals are employed.
- Understanding the management of trust accounts.
The Assistant Agents Course is designed to equip you with everything you need to start a successful career as an assistant real estate agent or as an assistant stock and station agent.
- CLASSROOM - 3 DAYS FACE TO FACE NEWCASTLE $750.00 AUD (COMPLETION TIME FRAME 3 MONTHS WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE)
- CORRESPONDENCE - SELF PACED LEARNING $550.00 AUD (COMPLETION TIME FRAME 4 MONTHS WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE)
Language Literacy and Numeracy
There are no formal educational requirements for entry into this course however, Industry Training Consultants have provisions in place in accordance with The Standards for Registered Training Organisations for assessing Language, Literacy and Numeracy competence. Once an application has been assessed, a decision is made as to whether you need to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
All work is marked off by one of Industry Training Consultants accredited trainers.
Once you have completed the Assistant Agents Course and before applying for a Class 2 Real Estate Agents Licence you will need to have
- held a certificate of registration as an assistant real estate agent for at least 12 months, and
- satisfactorily completed the class 2 work experience requirements during a 12-month period, and
- completed 18 units of Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice (CPP41419) with a registered training organisation demonstrating satisfactory completion of all of the required training units. (The 5 core units that make up the Assistant Agents Course, also forms part of the Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice).
Note: Assistant agents and licensed agents must complete CPD training annually as a condition of holding their licence or certificate of registration. For more information go to this page.
Please note: Industry Training Consultants provides Centrelink approved courses. It is important before enrolling that you contact your Job Services Provider (JSP) to check if you're eligible for a government subsidy or any funding to complete the course.
To check your eligibility:
- Take the course enrolment form to Centrelink or your Job Services Provider (JSP)
- Please quote the training organisation's Approved Provider Number: 2P824