To be eligible to work in the property industry you must complete the entry level course (and be at least 16 years of age) before application for a Certificate of Registration (Real Estate) from NSW Fair Trading can be considered.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for
- CPPDSM3019 Communicate with clients in the property industry (From CPP30416 Certificate III in Strata Community Management)
- CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4008A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry (From CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate).
What you'll learn
- Completing The Certificate of Registration Course (Real Estate) ensures your qualification is regarded by employers.
- Develop the knowledge and skills you need to be confident, capable and successful in listing, selling, renting and managing property.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the statutory requirements applicable to property professionals, including the consumer protection obligations specific to the property industry.
- Learn about the industrial award under which property professionals are employed.
- Be able to complete the statutory documentation required in agency practice.
The Certificate of Registration Course is designed to equip you with everything you need to start a successful career in real estate.
Classroom - 3 days face to face Newcastle $699.00 AUD (completion time frame 3 months)
Correspondence - Self paced learning $499.00 AUD (completion time frame 3 months)
There are no formal educational requirements for entry into this course however, Industry Training Consultants have provisions in place in accordance with The Standards for Registered Training Organisations for assessing Language, Literacy and Numeracy competence. Once an application has been assessed, a decision is made as to whether you need to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
All work is marked off by one of Industry Training Consultants Accredited Trainers.
Once you have completed the Cerificate of Registration course you can upgrade to the Certificate IV in Property Services (CPP40307) by completing the additional subjects focusing on business, sales, marketing, lease management and property/contract law.
Please note: Industry Training Consultants provides Centrelink approved courses. It is important before enrolling that you contact your Job Services Provider (JSP) to check if you're eligible for a government subsidy or any funding to complete the course.
To check your eligibility:
- Take the course enrolment form to Centrelink or your Job Services Provider (JSP)
- Please quote the training organisation's Approved Provider Number: 2P824