To apply for recognition of prior learning or recognition of current competency, you are required to supply documentation to ascertain as to whether or not you are eligible to receive exemptions in the Certificate IV in property services course.
You will be required to put together a portfolio of evidence (using the assessment tool kit provided) aligned to the learning outcomes of the specific units of competency from the Property Services Training Package CPP07.
These may include:
- Certificates and Diploma's
- Statements of Attainments
- Adult education courses and in-house training
- Business documents or reports that are used in your role as a sales agent, office manager or property manager
- Pamphlets, brochures, newsletters or flyers that are used in your role as a sales agent or property manager
- References which confirms your knowledge and experience in a subject matter.
PLEASE NOTE: The onus is on you to provide sufficient evidence to satisfy our assessors that you currently hold the relevant competencies. In determining whether you have presented sufficient evidence, the assessor must ensure that all evidence is:
- Authentic (your own work)
- Valid (directly related to the current version of the relevant endorsed competency standards)
- Reliable (shows that you have consistently met the competency standards)
- Current (reflects your current capacity to perform the aspect of the work covered by the standards)
- Sufficient (covers the full range of elements in the relevant unit of competency and addresses the four dimensions of competency, namely task skills, task management skills, contingency management skills, and job/role environment skills).
Exemptions will be granted for the units below, if you supply either of the following:
For recognition of prior learning (RPL) - a current certificate of registration and provide a statutory declaration as evidence, to prove you currently work in the industry.
For recognition of current competency (RCC) – a copy of your transcript which has the units below;
CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
CPPDSM4008A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry
If you have completed units of competency from a qualification and it’s based on identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications, then a credit transfer will be granted.
There is a cost for RPL assessment which is calculated at $150 hour. If you decide to proceed with the course after receiving exemptions, the total fee of the RPL assessment is deducted from the total cost of the course.
Once you have prepared your evidence and completed the online enrolment form, we will determine the number of exemptions to be awarded. You can submit all your documents via regular post to Industry Training Consultants PO Box 138, Charlestown NSW 2290 or by email to [email protected]. After everything is approved, an invoice is sent with a due date for the first instalment payment.
To obtain an RPL/RCC assessment tool kit please email us at [email protected] .